This collection includes 14 tales ranging from backwoods horror to cosmic terror. In these short stories and novellas, you’ll find freak storms, dangerous drifters, twisted legends, dark love affairs, murderous machines, the restless dead, and more. Creeping Stones presents horror fans with a cross-section of short stories spanning my writing career. It also includes never-before-published stories.
Here ya go, dead-heads!
Later this month, Deadpool is thrown headlong into a zombie apocalypse… and preview pages from NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEADPOOL #2 are now online!
The issue comes out in February, but you can see some sweet Ramon Rosanas art now! Check it out… and make sure to pre-order this gorefest!
Can you spot all the references to zombie flicks?
I’ve boiled my resolutions for the year down to “be a better dad, husband, friend, and all around person” so I’ve got that covered. But I’m taking a note from Victor Gischler and posting some goals/wishes for this year. And… yeah… this is an exercise in selfishness. My many, many, many philanthropic endeavors are best kept to myself.
Stick with me. If you like me, cheer me on as I try to accomplish these items. If you’re a hater… well I know you’re actually even more interested in seeing me be successful, so I know you’ll be keeping your fingers crossed that I’ll triumph… and I love you, too.
1. More creator-owned books. This one should be a gimme. I have several new books in the works. Unless something horrible happens, we’ll be seeing more. But this little reminder doesn’t hurt.
2. Diversify! the vast majority of my comic book work has been with Oni Press and Marvel. I’m grateful to those publishers… but they can’t publish everything I’m doing! It’s time to add some additional partners to the list!
3. Screenplays. I‘ve got a couple of projects in the works. It’s just a matter of me focusing and finishing them up!
4. Visit the Outer Banks to research a project I’ve had in mind for years.
5. Write more prose. I’ve gotten away from prose in recent years, and I miss it. I’ve got two middle reader novels in the works, one a sequel to CROOKED HILLS, and I need to make the time to finish them up.
6. Build up a fund to pay an artist on a project. For the vast majority of my creator-owned projects, the publisher has made sure the artist has gotten a page rate. For some publishers, though, that isn’t an option, and royalties only won’t keep food on the table for an artist. I’d like to build up funds to pay (even a small) advance to an artist to work on small projects.
7. Do more promotion. All comic books… especially creator-owned books… need as much promotion as possible if they’re going o be a success.
8. Blog more. And not just links to interviews and announcements. I’ve got PURE GOLD to share! I just need to do it!
9. Publish a script book. Been meaning to do this for a while. It’s time to get around to it!
10. Get back in shape. I know what you’re thinking. This is a resolution. But aside from health benefits, I just want to do this to make people jealous of my awesome physique.
11. Follow up on those three top secret meetings/projects from last year.
12. Get Cullen-Con up and running. This is just a weekend get-away with a few friends to play role-playing games, drink beer, and watch movies.
13. Keep regular meetings with the Disheveled Dilettantes. The Dilettantes are a group of like-minded friends I want to make sure I’m meeting with at least once a month.
14. Read more! I used to read a LOT, but i started slacking off. I really want to get back on the horse.
15. RPGS, card games, and board games. See some of my work adapted into some awesome games. How awesome would a role-playing game based on THE SIXTH GUN be? How about a HELHEIM card game? Some things are in the works, but I want them to happen this year!
16. Take a couple of vacations, one with the entire family, one with just Cindy if we can work out a sitter. But I seriously doubt we could be away from the kid for that long… so two vacations with the family.
17. Redesign my office. New walls, new ceiling, new flooring, new furniture, new computer–the works.
18. Go see a movie in the theater every now and then.
19. Hire an assistant, even part-time, to help with some of the stuff that’s slowing me down… and so I can go see that movie every now and then.
20. Get my online store up and running so you guys can buy a bunch of my stuff!
21. Have the world’s best margarita. I’ve pretty much decided I’m done drinking them… unless I’m assured that it will be phenomenal. Had some fantastic margaritas at Frida in LA this year. The bar has been set.
22. Get some BBQ from Parkers in Wilson, NC, and some Deviled Crab from somewhere on the NC Coast.
I always have trouble with titles. They vex me. So, when it came time to name my e-newsletter (the first edition of which goes out next week), I went to Twitter for suggestions. I got some good ones, but my favorites included:
Cullenoscopy (via @Craftbrewhaha)
Bunndle of Joy (via @bearsurprise)
You Got Bunn, Hon (via @brianwinkeler)
It’s a Bunn-derful Life (via @6gunsamurai)
Bunnleashed (via @pcleftovers)
The Bunn and the Restless (via @KevinDelie)
There Can Be Only Bunn (via @ChristianLipski)
Beyond Bunnderdome (via @SchorkWeek)
The Bunnslingers (via @FinesMassey)
Bunn-hemian Rhapsody (via @MrTylerCrook)
The Smoking Bunn (via @Blackmasks)
Hot Fresh Bunn (via @theisb)
Obviously, these folks are much better at titles than I am… or they spend a lot more time thinking about me than I do (which is impossible).
I had such a hard time choosing, that I’m gonna use them ALL… maybe. Each newsletter will be re-titled depending on content, time of year, my mood, etc. When I use someone’s suggestion, I’ll send them something awesome.
Please keep the suggestions coming! And if you haven’t signed up for the e-newsletter, please do so!
All right, gang! I’m setting up a new e-newsletter to keep folks up-to-date on all the latest news! I’ll be sending the newsletter out roughly once a month (unless there’s some really amazing news that just can’t wait). It will include news, behind-the-scenes information, sneak peeks at new projects (both announced and unannounced), and a monthly drawing for awesome free stuff!
Please take a few seconds to sign up! It’s super easy!